Wednesday, January 11, 2012

DIY Subject Dividers

I LOVE school supply shopping (like a future elementary school teacher would). 
But I love all my school supplies to be cute and fashionable.

So  sometimes most of the time I get very frustrated.
Finding cute binders, pencils, backpacks, planners ect. isn't all that hard. 
But when it comes to subject dividers this is all I find...

 
 Can you say....Grosssssss!
There is just something not so fun about those (not really my style)

So I had an idea! When all else fails...DIY!

 (Sorry for the glare..they are laminated)

I got oh so tired of wasting my money on new ones every year! So this is how I did it!


I bought six pages of scrapbook paper.

 I took a manilla folder and cut it in half (keeping the half with the tab on it)
I then taped it down and outlined the folder on the paper.

Remove the folder and cute out the outline.


Then I cut out strips of paper and glued them on each tab. I also made a "reminders" page and cut it to the size I wanted and glued it in the middle.

Then I laminated the pages, cut them out, put holes in them and BAM! You have reusable CUTE subject dividers! 
I write on mine with dry erase marker, that way at the end of the semester I can erase and reuse them.

 I am the sticky note QUEEN.
So with the reminders I can write things I need to remember and erase them when I am done.

I love them! I can't wait to do this when I am a teacher ! 
 

1 comment:

  1. CUTE! I love these! PS-- Who do you have for Eng 351? I know this makes me a total geek, but I loved that class. Haha!

    ReplyDelete