Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Jewelry and Scarf Hanger!

Not too long ago I saw a jewelry organizer I wanted to make on Pinterest. So I headed to Hobby Lobby to get the stuff to make it. Well I went in the total opposite direction of what I was going to make. I started seeing all these cool racks and an idea popped into my head (these don't happen often so I had to seize the moment). Not to mention EVERYTHING was on sale that day. So I did not pay full price for any of it! Boy did I pick a good day to go! 

This is all the things I bought. 


Bathroom Rack- 50.00 15.00
Wicker Storage Boxes- 3.99 1.00 each
Fabric (1/2 a yard)- 3.00  1.50
Initial Bucket- 5.00 .50 

Total= 18.00 (OMGSH!!!)


First, I unscrewed the wooden selves from the iron. (It was simple. I made sure they were unscrew-able before I bought them)



Then, me and Eric cut out the fabric (we cut ours like wrapping paper enough to cover the board). Then we used a staple gun and stapled the fabric to the board. E got a little happy with the staple gun. I don't think that fabric is going anywhere..


We screwed the boards back in position and voila. You have a simple, fabulous jewelry holder. 


I love it!



I put my rings in the bucket. (aww look at our first picture together. Hard to believe it was over a year ago! Time flys)


I cut off the lids on the wicker baskets and put my bracelets in them (I didn't want to have to pull the baskets out and open the lid..yea I am lazy)

I also decided to hang my scarves. (Basically I just decided to do all kinds of stuff to my room). I got a 9.00 copper towel rack from Walmart and my lovely boyfriend hung it. It took him over 20 minutes because he was so precise with it..he even brought out the leveler. 

I just had to take a picture of this. This is my Bath and Body Works collection. This is all the things I have accumulated since I started working there over 3 years ago. Oh the perks ;) I call it my birthday self..anytime it's someones birthday you can BET their gift is coming from Bath and Body Works. 


Eric also did a great job hanging our pictures! I got the picture frames as a set for Christmas! And it was PERFECT for our pictures!

We spent all day hanging stuff in my room. It was a blast. I can't wait to be able to decorate our own house!


4 comments:

  1. Great job! I did the whole shower-curtain-rings-on-hanger for my scarves, and I HATE it! I need a new idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shayna, I hated the scarves on the shower curtain rings too! It was absolutely horrible. I love my scarves on the towel rack though. I can see them all and it's easy to get them on and off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your ideas! I'm jealous of the little Eiffel Tower...got to get me one of those. Beautiful stuff!

    Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, thanks! I got it at Hobby Lobby a while back. I looked around for one for forever (before everyone was obsessed with Paris). Now you can't find them anywhere!

    ReplyDelete