Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Christmas Blessing

Hopefully, everyone had a wonderful Christmas! We surely did. Family time is our favorite thing about this time of year. We spent a lot of time with our favorites from Texas (Eric's sister, brother-in-law and their two adorable kiddos). We ate entirely too much, did not get a lot of sleep and were constantly on the move. Tis the Season right! Me and Eric were talking about how crazy it was without kids and how would couldn't imagine what it would be like with kids. Good thing we have a couple of years before we find out ;) I am so behind on posts because of all the craziness. I have all the Christmas pictures uploaded on the computer, I am just working on editing them. 

Yesterday we had quite the scare!!

And it all had to do with our lil man Manny.

Yesterday morning, E and Manny went on a hunt (this is a picture from it). I had work from 1-4. Eric told me that he was gonna put new lights on his boat trailer while I was gone and then take a nap. When I got off at 4:00 I got a phone call from Eric..which was weird cause he was supposed to be sleeping. He asked if I was coming over after and I said yes. When I got there that is when he told me...

Our Manny got hit by a car. The tears started welling up in my eyes but Eric reassured me he was alright. Him and Manny had been in the front yard and Manny ran to the neighbors house. Eric called from him to come back and right when he started running, Eric saw a truck coming around the corner. Manny caught the back end of the truck. Eric immediately picked him up and brought him to the vet. He gave him a shot and some pills and said everything was ok..he would be good to go in a week. 

Thank God the vet took him.

When I went outside to see him, he was covered in blood and there were puddles of blood all over the patio. Poor Manny.

I just wanted to cuddle up next to him and pet him all night.

Poor thing was out of it last night. 


Our Manny was a year old on Christmas day. He was a blessing then and a year later it  is a blessing he is still with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment