Saturday, December 17, 2011

Love Dare: Day 3

The Love Dare Day 3:
Love is not selfish


Selfishness is something we are all guilty of. Whether we are selfish in a relationship or just selfish in everyday life. At one point or another we have ALL  been selfish. In a relationship selfishness is one of the main reasons for disagreement. With me and E, it definitely was. Whether it was him spending time with Manny or me wanting to spend all my time with him, we were both selfish. Once again it is a give and take thing. We both must learn to do things the other wants to do whether we enjoy it or not equally of course. Whether it is eating somewhere the other wants to or watching a movie that I don't want to watch. We both must make sacrifices. Being a only child, it is really hard for me to understand it is NOT ALL ABOUT ME. But I am working on that ;)



Quotes I love:

Almost every sinful action can be traced back to selfish motive.

Selfishness is a trait we hate in other people but can justify for ourselves.

You either make decisions out of love for others or out of love for yourself.

You can not be acting out of real love and selfishness at the same time.

Bible Verses:

“Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves” (Philippians 2:3)

"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love;
give preference to one another in honor."(Romans 12:10)

Day 3 Dare:
 Whatever you put your time, energy, and
money into will become more important
to you. It’s hard to care for something
you are not investing in. Along with
restraining from negative comments,
buy your spouse something that says,
“I was thinking of you today.”

This is so true! Eric put all his time and energy into Manny and I put all my time and energy into my cupcakes! The things that we put our energy into consumed us and slowly became more important. I would rush home to bake and he would rush home to Manny. It interfered with our relationship. We didn't pay as much attention to each other anymore. It is crazy how something can slowly take over your life.  Today Eric called me at work to just see how I was doing and how work was. It was so nice just to talk to him and see how eachothers day was. I love those little phone calls. The mean so much and can brighten my day in an instance!  


No comments:

Post a Comment