Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Trip Down Memory Lane


For some reason today, I was overly thankful for me and Eric's relationship. I was thinking back on everything we have endured. I looked at these pictures over and over again today (taken by his sister...yyyyeeeea she's pretty amazing) and I just thought I'd share ;) 

Not to mention...they make me really miss spring.

On October 22nd, 2010, I fell in love with this goofy, handsome, loving guy. He has become my strength. How we met is quite interesting. Eric is a teller for a bank and I work at City Hall. We use his bank and I would always see him in the drive through..and I always did the whole fix my hair and make up thing before going through. And I would ALWAYS think, oh boy he is cute. One day I was on Facebook and recognized him on a friends page so I added him. Instantly he messaged me and asked if my dad was Mark and I said uhhh yea why. Come to find out his dad and my dad were good friends in college..Small world! And the rest is history. 

I couldn't stand to go without talking to him. I had dated before (ALOT) but this time was different. We shared a love for the outdoors and had a lot in common and we are each (to say the least) a little on the goofy side!

Before I knew it we were spending all our time together..and I just fell in love with him. I saw my future with him. I no longer saw him as just a guy. I saw him as my future husband, the father of my children, my supporter forever, and the one I'd be rockin' next to in 60 years.

He has become my strength. My best friend. The person I go to first for everything. He holds the key to my heart and calms me (most of the time). No person will ever take his place. We hold each other together. Without each other, I know we would fall apart.

It hasn't always been hearts and butterflies. We have had our challenges. Probably more than other couples. But we have learned and grown and the best part is, we have done it together. We are still learning but I couldn't imagine doing this with any other person. 

My heart has completely been taken, my world completely rearranged, my time completely taken up, all by one person..Eric. I wouldn't have "us" any other way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment