Thursday, December 22, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away..

Are you serious?
Only 3 days till Christmas?!

Pooooooo-ya. I have so much to do still! There are a few more little gifts I need to get and the weather is just Perfect ha not! It is so icky and it is just now getting cold! Oh the joys of living in the South.


Just lovelyyyyy!

Not to mention, I am getting sick! I woke up coughing and with the worst sore throat ever. Doesn't my body know I have things to do? AND! on top of all of that, I took pictures of some of my recipes and my camera just decided it didn't want to save them! SO now I have no pictures of all my Christmas treats what a rip off!


I did manage to save this one though!
This is my ohhhhh so yummy almost home made trail mix ;)
But seriously I don't think any tail mix is fully homemade.

It was so quick and easy!

Here is what you need:
  • A Christmas tin of popcorn (I got the one from Target it had three different flavors in it Caramel, Chocolate and kettle corn..I didn't use the chocolate though)
  • 2 Bags of Holiday M&Ms ( I got the Peanut Butter)
  • One bag of Cinnamon Swirl Cookies (Or any other kind of small sweet cookie, I got mine from Walmart)
  • A jar of Honey Roasted Peanuts
  • A bag of Reeses Peanut Butter chocolate chips
  • Puppy Chow (Recipe to follow)
Here is what you do:

Throw it all together in a giant tin till it's all mixed in together and VOILA! Jar it. It's a great sweet present ;)


Puppy Chow Recipe:

1/2 cup peanut butter
1 Cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
1 box of Chex cereal or 9 cups (I used the honey roasted)
3 cups powdered sugar

Put peanut butter, butter, and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between. Once all the ingredients are melted, add it to the cereal. Stir it around until all the cereal is covered with the mixture. Put 3 cups powdered sugar in a gallon size ziploc bag, and add the cereal. Shake it around until all the cereal is covered in powdered sugar.

I poured mine out onto a cookie sheet before adding it to the trail mix so that all the excess powdered sugar wouldn't be lingering in my trail mix.



Oh and...WARNING

MAKE SURE THE POWEDERED SUGAR BAG IS SEALED BEFORE TRYING TO PUT IT BACK UP...OR ELSE IT WILL FLY ALL OVER THE FLOOR LEAVING YOU ONE HECK OF A MESS!
Me and Eric found that one out first hand..on accident of course. I did have pictures but those are the ones my camera decided to delete....!

No comments:

Post a Comment