Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Pinterest Play Date!



Ohhhhh Pinterest how I love you.
I have a confession to make..I am cheating on my boyfriend....
WITH PINTEREST!!

This is the most addictive site in the whole world! It is full of recipes, crafts, DIY things, and much much much more. With one simple click you can save all your favorite ideas. I spend all my free time on Pinterest if I am not on Pinterest, I am wishing I am!

Well today was Sunday Funday at the Chauvin house and me and my cousin decided to make Sugar/Salt Scrubs for Christmas gifts. I was so involved in my scrub that I didn't take pictures of my cousins, but I will be doing hers soon. I did the MOST SIMPLE salt scrub ever and it smelt and felt fabulous!

Easy Peasy...Lemon Salt Scrub!

Ingredients
5 Tbsp. Sea Salt
1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Lemon

(This recipe yeilds about one 8oz mason jar)

I bought a four pack of these cute mason jars at Walmart for 3.27! I also bought ribbon to tie around the jar and an oversized popsicle stick to tie on top for scooping! (I am doing mine as Christmas gifts)



First, mix together your Sea Salt and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Make sure the oil coats all the salt because it will keep the acid in the lemon from dissolving the salt.

Next, cut your lemon in half and squeeze both halves into the sea salt mixture. (Before I cut my lemon I roll it back and forth on the counter to get the juices flowing).


And that quick you are finished! I added a little lemon slice to mine just for added look.
Then I tied a ribbon and a stick on the top and VOILA, the perfect Christmas gift.


So cute and sooooooo simple and it smelt great to boot! Stay tuned for more Pinteresting Play Dates!


No comments:

Post a Comment