Monday, December 12, 2011

The Love Dare

In case you aren't aware of this movie it is called Fireproof. It's about a struggling couple who is on the brink of divorce. Once bound by love, now all the couple does is argue. Caleb's dad gives him a book called the "Love Dare". It is a forty day journey with God and his signification other. The Love Dare, being very difficult at times, strengthened Caleb's relationship with his wife and God.  The Dare saved his marriage and taught him more about love than he ever knew. Me and Eric watched this movie together awhile back each of us had a different state of mind back then and didn't realize how important we were to each other. 

Being in a relationship is hard work. It is give and take. And love is NOT always enough. But if you truly love someone you will do whatever it takes to make it work. I was on the edge of giving up on my relationship. Sunday I was walking in Walmart and came across this...


I think when I first saw it I stood there awhile. And the first thought that crossed my mind was I HAVE to get this. Even though me and Eric aren't married, I thought it would help us get a greater understanding of love and of each other. We have vowed to read it every night together talk about the words and scriptures and the next day do the challenge. I am really excited to start this journey with E! I think every couple should do this not just couples that are struggling.

Day One
These are some of my favorite quotes from Day One!

Day one was all about patience. "Love is built on two pillars, love and patience". 

"Love will inspire you to become a patient person. When you choose to be patient, you respond in a positive way to a negative situation. You are slow to anger. You choose to have a long fuse instead of a quick temper. Rather than being restless and demanding, love helps you settle down and begin extending mercy to those around you. Patience brings an internal calm during an external storm.

"The Bible says, “He who is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who is quick-tempered exalts folly” (Proverbs 14:29) 

“See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek after that which is good for one another” (1 Thessalonians 5:15)

Day One Dare:


The first part of this dare is fairly

simple. Although love is communicated
in a number of ways, our words often
reflect the condition of our heart. For
the next day, resolve to demonstrate
patience and to say nothing negative
to your spouse at all. If the temptation
arises, choose not to say anything. It’s
better to hold your tongue than to say
something you’ll regret.

Patience I have learned is very important. And I must say we both nailed this dare! We had a fun day together doing a little Christmas shopping and eating lunch together! One of the best days we have had in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment