Sunday, December 18, 2011

Outdoor Adventures! ;)

So Saturday was the first day back hunting from the split (two week period during duck season that you can't hunt). And Eric was up bright and early for hunting. 4:30 AM to be exact. Need less to say I did not partake in this little hunting adventure (I rarely do). It is just WAY to cold to get up that early to go sit in a duck blind. I leave the hunting to him and Manny. I must say though that it was a beautiful morning. Eric sent me a picture of the water and it was absolutely gorgeous. 


People who are from Louisiana truly understand the beauty of this. Eric definitely surprised me with the ducks they shot! Most of the time he comes home empty handed (phaha poor thing), but this morning he was far from empty handed! 




This is Eric's pride and joy, Manny! I must say he is a gorgeous dog! This is him sitting in the blind waiting for the ducks! ( This picture is from Sunday's hunt not Saturday's)




These are just some of the ducks him and his cousins shot! I was so very proud of him..Now I just wonder what they are gonna cook! 
That night we carried on our outdoor mood and Eric made a fire and we had my favorite snack S'MORES! Yummy Yummy! It was quite interesting since this is the first fire we have had with Manny around (Manny is Eric's Lab that will be a year old on Christmas). Manny was overjoyed to be around all the S'mores ingredients. 


Our fireeee :) E did a good Job!


So I took this picture AFTER Eric chased Manny around for a while! Manny decided he wanted some Marshmallows too! Before we knew it he had snatched them up and was running all over the yard with them! It was quite hilarious! He was NOT gonna let go of them! Finally Eric got him to sit and got them away from them. This happened multiple times lol

Manny just relaxing.

This picture is pretty dark but I love him!

He was enjoying his S'mores a little tooo much!


We had a great night! With our busy schedules, we don't find time to just sit and relax and enjoy each others company. I think it is time we FIND the time. It the simple moments like these that make you thankful for the other person <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment